It was a great weekend of conversation and learning between clubs at the XCSO AGM in Ottawa! One of the conversations was talking about social media. We are in a world of people looking for information right at their finger tips. More and more you also need to communicate in many different ways to get your message out there! I am no expert but have become practiced at communicating through social media and found a system that works for me. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss some ideas that could work for your club!
Here are some tips that have worked for me.
- Find a time of day where you get the most “reactions”, and then post consistently at those times. For me that happens to be at noon, 5PM, and 9PM. You can find these stats in whichever platform you may be using. I like to set an alarm to remind me to post.
- Create a calendar. Every 4 months I go through events, “special days” (like Family Day or Day). I usually schedule something every other day, but you come up with something that works for you! Maybe that’s once every 3 days or Monday, Thursday, Saturday. Just try and stay present in your customers view. With the calendar you don’t need to struggle to think of something in the moment. Of course if something else happens to come up that’s great! You can just use what you had scheduled for another day.
- For events you are running post those on social media a month in advance. Then you can continue to promote it as the event comes up.
Need to posting ideas? Here is list to help get you started!
- the importance of glide waxing
- we dont just ski, check out our snowshoe trails
- perks of being a member
- get ready for roller ski season
- happy Monday
- kids learning and having fun on snow
- why dont you come out and enjoy winter this family day weekend
- looking for something to do during the march break?
- how to prep for the ski swap
- Would you rather?
- Where am I? (trail picture)